Sunday, March 2, 2008

Number 14

Library 2.0 Libraries and librarians must stay current on new trends in information gathering and dissemination. I love holding a book in my hand but I realize that the new generation of library users wants to find their information online more than in books. We must make sure that we have a ditigal library collection to offer this generation of users. The WIKI article on Library 2.0 was helpful to me in understanding the basics of this subject. I really liked Away from the iceberg. I agreed that it is to easy to stay in the past. We must move forward in this information technology world. We must always keep up or we will be left behind. I know that I want to serve my students to the best of my ability and I want to make sure that in this ever changing digital world I stay current and that the collection stays current.

No comments: